- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius sees off participants of the Mission Siberia expedition
- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 2.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius receives inhabitants
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 11.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the outgoing Ambassador of Denmark
Lithuania opens its fifth Honorary Consulate in Japan
On 24 May, Lithuania opened its fifth Honorary Consulate in Chiba Prefecture, Japan. Takeshi Okawara, Head of JC Comsa Corporation, was appointed as the Honorary Consul of Lithuania.
The Ambassador Gediminas Varvuolis presented him a consular patent and expressed gladness that the new Honorary Consul was a great friend of Lithuania and a well-respected entrepreneur in Japan, who actively developed business and cultural ties with Lithuania. Japan's Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs Akiba Takeo also sent a congratulations letter.
The Honorary Consulates of Lithuania also operate in Fukuyama, Sapporo, Osaka, and Gifu.