- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas takes part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a working lunch with other members of the Cabinet
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 9:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius and other members of the Cabinet meet with the Prime Minister
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 11:30 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with George Kent, Deputy Assistant Secretary in the European and Eurasian Bureau at the U.S. Department of State
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
Lithuania supports Finland's priority agenda for enhancing European resilience against hybrid threats
On 24 May, the Political Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Asta Skaisgirytė met with Jukka Salovaara, Director General of the Finnish Foreign Ministry's Political Department. The meeting discussed the agenda for Finland's upcoming Presidency of the Council of the EU. The country will hold the Presidency of the Council in the second half of this year.
The Political Director A. Skaisgirytė welcomed the Finnish Presidency’s strong focus on the enhancement of Europe's resilience against hybrid threats. The officials agreed that this was one of the key issues on the EU's strategic agenda. Lithuania and Finland are cooperating closely in this area. Finland has joined the Lithuanian-led PESCO project for developing the EU's cyber response teams. Lithuania is among the signatory states of the European Centre of Excellence for Countering Hybrid Threats in Helsinki. Representatives from 19 EU member states, the U.S., Norway, and Canada work at the center.
The Lithuanian Political Director presented Lithuania’s position on safety deficiencies of the Ostrovets nuclear power plant under construction in Belarus and violations of the Espoo Convention by this country. The Convention was signed at Espoo, Finland.
The Political Director stressed that energy security was an integral part of the European security. Thus, the EU and Finland's support for Lithuania's position on the Ostrovets NPP is of paramount importance.
During the consultations, the officials also discussed important political issues of the Eastern Neighborhood, transatlantic relations, the situation in the Middle East, and bilateral issues.