- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas takes part in a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a working lunch with other members of the Cabinet
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 9:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius and other members of the Cabinet meet with the Prime Minister
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 11:30 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with George Kent, Deputy Assistant Secretary in the European and Eurasian Bureau at the U.S. Department of State
- 2019-09-18 On 18 September at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
Lithuania's Foreign Minister meets with Vice President of Parliament of Montenegro
On 18 June, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Vice President of the Parliament of Montenegro, Chair of the Montenegro-Lithuania parliamentary Friendship Group Genci Nimanbegu, and other members of the group.
The Foreign Minister reiterated Lithuania's support for Montenegro's European integration, welcomed its progress in the EU accession negotiations, clear strategic orientation and commitment to shared European values, and encouraged further successful implementation of reforms, particularly in the areas of the rule of law and media freedom.
"We are ready to continue our cooperation and to share our experience of European integration with Montenegro," said Lithuania's Foreign Minister. Lithuanian institutions have already implemented three EU Twinning projects in this Western Balkan country.
The meeting also discussed the opportunity to strengthen bilateral cooperation in economic and cultural spheres, the situation in the Western Balkans region, important issues of regional security and cooperation. Lithuania’s Foreign Minister thanked NATO's member state – Montenegro – for contributing to security of the Baltic states by sending troops to join NATO’s enhanced forward presence battlegroup in Latvia.
On 21 May 2006, Montenegro declared independence from Serbia. Montenegro joined the Alliance on 5 June 2017. The country is also in a leading position on its path towards EU accession. Out of a total of 35 negotiation chapters, 32 chapters have now been opened for negotiations.