- 2019-07-16 On 16 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Poland as part of the delegation led by the President Gitanas Nausėda
- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius sees off participants of the Mission Siberia expedition
- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 2.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius receives inhabitants
Transatlantic cooperation discussed in Iceland
On 5-6 June, the Political Directors' Meeting of the initiative of the Enhanced Partnership in Northern Europe (e-PINE) took place in Reykjavík.
Political Directors of Foreign Ministries of the Baltic-U.S.-Nordic (NB8) countries discussed transatlantic cooperation, the EU-NATO relationship, and Russia's ongoing aggression against Ukraine. Participants also adjusted their positions on the effects of China's growing influence, issues pertaining to the Middle East, the Arctic, the impacts of environmental and economic activities on the oceans.
The Political Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Asta Skaisgirytė highlighted that transatlantic cooperation was an important pillar of security in our region.
“We must maintain the unity of the Nordic and Baltic states, and of the United States in the face of the threat posed by Russia and its ongoing aggression against Ukraine. Together, we are much stronger. Let's join forces to clear the obstacles blocking our transatlantic cooperation path,” said A. Skaisgirytė.
The e-PINE is a U.S. and NB8 cooperation initiative. It was officially launched in 2003. The initiative aims to consolidate regional security and stability, and to benefit neighboring regions through sharing the experience of the Nordic and Baltic states.